The Weston, Wappenbury, Hunningham and Eathorpe Newsletter
Bits and Bytes
The February quiz
What do you know about sport? Test your knowledge with this simple quiz.
1. In which sport did Steve Redgrave won gold medals in five Olympic Games?
2. Which is the world's oldest classic horse race?
The St. Leger.
The 1,000 Guineas.
The Grand National.
3. France won the 2018 Soccer World Cup. In which country was the final tournament held?.
4. Which of the following boxers does or did NOT fight as a heavyweight?
Prince Naseem Hamid
5. Which rugby league star played for Hull Kingston Rovers and Hull FC captained the Great Britain team and gave his name to a road in Hull?
6. Who was the FIRST Formula 1 driver to win a Grand Prix race in which his brother came second?.
7. Who, since 1972 (Munich) has held the record for winning the most gold medals (7) at a single Olympics?
Lasse Viren (athletics)
Michael Phelps (swimming)
Mark Spitz (swimming)
Olga Korbut (gymnastics)
8. Which former Hull schoolboy played Premiership football for Spurs, Middlesbrough, Everton, Liverpool, Leeds and England?
9. What is the nickname of the South African national rugby union team?
10. In the USA the Superbowl is the grand final of a competition in which sport?